SPIDER WEB CONSTRUCTION
by Samuel Zschokke:
Shown above: Nephila sp.
Nephila is famous for the large ‘golden’ orb-webs it builds in tropical forests and savannas. Unlike most other orb-web spiders, it usually constructs more subsidiary than normal radii …
The animation shows the tracks of the spider - colored to emphasize the different phases of web construction:
- red = final part of exploration phase
- yellow = construction of radii
- white = construction of auxiliary spiral
- blue = construction of sticky spiral
- pink = construction of stabilimentum (in some species)
Dharma Chakra Centre or Rumtek Monastery is one of the most important seats of the Kagyu lineage outside Tibet.
son let me learn you a thing
Wings that cannot fly.
Done in watercolour.
Exoplanets orbiting stars near the Sun.
So overwhelming! Extra-solar planets are everywhere yet here we are still stuck with figuring ourselves out.